Petrochemical & Oil Industry
The applications for chemical dosing are found in both on- and off-shore installations, and invariably entail the painstaking engineering of dosing systems which are designed to operate in arduous and sometimes hazardous conditions – robustly and reliably.
1) Chemical Dosing Systems
- Gee offers a range of chemical metering pumps to API 675 specification
- Dosing skids are designed to hazardous area classifications where appropriate
- Pipework is available in a variety of materials including UPVC, polypropylene, ABS, PVDF plus carbon and stainless steels – suitable for high and low pressure applications
- Pumps can be supplied with manual or automatic stroke length adjustment utilising a pneumatic or electronic servo
- A variety of process instruments can be incorporated into these systems such as mass flow meters, magnetic/conductive flow meters, flow switches, pressure transducers and temperature sensors
- A range of hazardous area liquid polyelectrolyte systems for use in wastewater and oily water separation applications is available
2) Chlorine Dioxide
Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is ideal for upstream gas production during oil and gas operations, as well as other oil and gas water applications. It is a sustainable biocide that meets the requirements for sustainability.
Chlorine dioxide is highly soluble in oil which gives it the unique ability to actually affect the wetability/surface tension of the oil promoting increased movement and flow without leaving any harmful residual. This combined with the chlorine dioxide’s anti-plugging agent effect